1 small onion
1/2 head of cauliflower
1 medium carrot
1 box button or baby bella mushrooms
1 bunch kale
1 clove garlic
1 TBS light sesame oil or coconut oil
Large cast iron or stainless steel frying pan
1. Peel the garlic clove.
2. Thinly slice the onion.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat for about 2 minutes.
4. Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Stir occasionally.
5. Brush any dirt off the mushrooms and slice them.
6. Continue to stir the onions occasionally as you slice the mushrooms. Turn down the heat a little if they are starting to burn.
7. Press the garlic through a garlic press or mince it with a knife.
8. Add the garlic to the frying pan with the onion, and stir constantly for about 1 minute.
9. Add the mushrooms to the frying pan. Add a pinch of salt, and stir well.
10. Wash the cauliflower and break it up into bite size pieces.
11. Add the cauliflower to the frying pan. Add a pinch of salt, and stir.
12. Wash the carrot and slice it into thin diagonal pieces.
13. Continue to stir the mixture in the frying pan occasionally.
14. Add the sliced carrot pieces and stir.
15. Wash the kale well and tear or cut the leaves into small pieces. Discard the stems.
16. Add the kale and stir well.
17. Add salt, to taste.
18. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
19. Remove from heat.
20. Add lemon juice.
21. Serve and enjoy.
Use soy sauce instead of salt
Use rice wine instead of lemon juice (this will add sweetness to the dish). If using rice wine, add it to the dish while still cooking, after adding the kale.
Garlic burns easily so be careful and stir frequently. Once you add more vegetables, the temperature of the mixture will be lower so burning should not be a concern.