4 cups cooked chickpeas
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
1 inch piece of ginger
ｾ cup coconut milk
1 TBS curry powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
sea salt, to taste
1. Dice the onion and tomatoes.
2. Peel and finely chop the garlic or press it through a garlic press.
3. Wash and grate the ginger.
4. Put a large saucepan on medium heat, and add the tomatoes, onions, ginger and garlic.
5. When it starts to gently boil, turn down the heat a little and cover. Simmer for 30 minutes to several hours. The longer you cook the tomatoes the richer the flavor will be, but 30 minutes is sufficient. If the mixture starts to brown or stick to the pan, turn down the heat.
6. Add the coconut milk and stir in the spices and 1 tsp. sea salt. Stir the mixture well.
7. Add the cooked chickpeas and stir well. Adjust the salt and seasonings to taste. Turn down the heat to low, cover, and cook for 10-30 minutes to let the flavors blend.
8. Serve hot. Goes well with cooked greens and radishes.